John and Craig talk about losing a parent on screen and in real life, with a look at the emotional journey and some practical advice for navigating the experience.
We also discuss updates to the Warner Bros announcement, tips for managing idea scraps, and answer listener questions about when to discuss paid versus spec writing and slow-to-respond producers.
In our bonus segment for premium subscribers, we talk power, including Craig’s controversial opinions on nuclear energy and the staggering price drops in solar.
- Christopher Nolan Rips HBO Max as Worst Streaming Service Denounces Warner Bros Plan Kim Masters for THR
- Did QuantumScape Just Solve a 40-Year-Old Battery Problem? by Daniel Oberhaus for Wired
- Rose Glass
- Beeple Everyday by Mike Winkelmann, a visual artist in South Carolina
- The Cost of Solar has Dropped Spectacularly by Max Roser
- Geothermal energy is poised for a big breakthrough by David Roberts
- Craig vs Howard Dean
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Heidi Lauren Duke (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-20-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.