John and Craig welcome back Aline Brosh McKenna (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Your Place or Mine) and Rawson Marshall Thurber (Dodgeball, We’re the Millers) to share how we’re thinking about the future of film and television production.
We talk about possible plans for getting back to set, how movies might change to adapt to the current circumstances, and how we want to see pandemic depictions in our media.
In our bonus segment for premium members we discuss puzzles: Craig’s controversial take on jigsaw, the Larchmont Puzzle Exchange, and why puzzles are good for families.
- Catch Craig on Mythic Quest’s special bonus Quarantine Episode!
- #FosterChallenge: John is raffling off a 60-minute one-on-one writing session on Zoom. Proceeds go to help amazing foster charities. Donate here.
- Please send info on Arlo Finch Bear to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Red Notice
- Your Place or Mine
- Hollywood Food Coalition
- Wakanicci Bath Robe
- Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel from your local bookstore or Bookshop!
- The Miracle Sudoku Solve
- Aline Brosh Mckenna on Twitter
- Rawson Thurber on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Michael Caruso (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-28-20 The transcript for this episode is now available here.