John and Craig examine how and why it can be necessary to collapse scenes in a rewrite. They also follow-up on returning to production, portrayals of police on screen and assistant pay.
We then welcome Michelle Amor, Hilliard Guess, and Bianca Sams — co-chairs of the WGA West’s Committee of Black Writers — to discuss how Hollywood needs to change the way it hires and promotes Black writers.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members, we talk about the return of professional sportsball.
- WGA West Committee of Black Writers Call on Hollywood to Revolutionize the Way Our Industry Hires Writers
- Immersive Light Field Video with a Layered Mesh Representation
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Marie’s Magical Dinner Dust for Dogs
- Hilliard Guess on Twitter
- Bianca Sams on Twitter
- Michelle Amor on Twitter
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
The original post for this episode can now be found here.