John and Craig examine what happens when characters talk over each other, and the best ways for writers to think about these moments and portray them on the page.
We also follow up on delayed movies, mergers, and assistant pay.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members, we discuss Halloween (the holiday, not the movie).
- Movie Releases Pushed
- Black Widow Shifted to Summer 2021
- Quibi Sale
- All the Trades are Basically One Company
- UTA Raises Assistant Pay
- WGA Election Results Board of Directors
- Scriptnotes, Ep 465
- Scriptnotes, Ep 370
- Judith Butler on the Culture Wars, JK Rowling and Living in “Anti-Intellectual Times”
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Med Dyer (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-1-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.