John and Craig introduce a new segment: The Scriptnotes Pitch Session! They listen to five listeners’ 90-second pitches and share their feedback on substance and style.
We also discuss the implications of Verve signing the WGA agreement and get special insight on an important creative decision in Chernobyl.
Join us for our live show in Los Angeles on June 13th with special guests including Alec Berg (Barry, Silicon Valley) and Rob McElhenney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia). Tickets are going fast!
- Scriptnotes LIVE on June 13th at the Ace Hotel with Alec Berg, Rob McElhenney, buy your tickets here!
- Order your Scriptnotes 400 shirts, sweatshirts, and tanks (Light) and (Dark)!
- WGA Start Button Video
- John August and Michele Mulroney discussing Issues Affecting Screenwriters
- Verve Signs WGA’s Code of Conduct, Citing ‘Meaningful Dialogue’ With Clients
- WGA-Verve Code of Conduct Agreement
- Pitch Session selections: Karen Welsh You’re What?!, Hayley Grgurich Uncertain Texas, Jake Arky How to Make a Man, Guy Patton Sinnerweb, Laura Beck Hardcore Vegans
- Blueprint: The Evolutionary Origins of a Good Society by Nikolas Christakis
- Donate to Chernobyl Children International
- Watch Chernobyl on HBO and listen to The Chernobyl Podcast with Craig and Peter Sagal
- Find past episodes here, Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Thank you to everyone who submitted to the pitch session! If you’d like to be considered in the next Pitch Session, submit your entry here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jonathan Mann (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-30-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.