John and Craig welcome Alison Luhrs, a senior narrative designer at Wizards of the Coast to talk about fantasy world-building as a profession. It is a great conversation about what is probably a lot of listeners’ dream job.
We also follow up on the WGA elections, John’s decision to cast a blind actress, and the universality of ice-cream truck wars.
- The Shadows Casting Call John is looking for a 15 year old blind actress for the lead role — please help by sharing this link with anyone who might be a good fit!
- The Hollywood Disability Inclusion Toolkit: The RespectAbility Guide to Inclusion in the Entertainment Industry
- Scriptnotes, Ep 315: Big Screens, Big Money
- NaNoWriMo classroom kit
- Comfort and Joy
- 99 Problems by Ross Killeen
- The Black Mambas documentary
- Wizards of the Coast
- Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language by Gretchen McCulloch
- Alison Luhrs on Twitter or here for game related questions
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-12-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.