John and Craig discuss what it feels like to finish a project — the combination of excitement and relief, joy and sadness — as Craig advises John which project he should write next now that Big Fish is set to open.
In film news, a new fund aims to back films directed by women, while Los Angeles appoints a new film czar with considerable studio experience.
All this, plus Craig recounts how he nearly saw John take a fist to the face.
- LA Times on the Gamechanger Film Fund
- LA Times on LA’s new Film Czar
- Patti Lupone stops the show to yell at a photographer on YouTube
- Box by Bot & Dolly
- Rear projection effect on Wikipedia
- Big Fish production designer Julian Crouch
- Big Fish’s Ryan Andes, and on Twitter @AndesRyan
- Blind soldier uses tongue device to ‘see’ at The Guardian
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
UPDATE 10-4-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.