John and Craig celebrate the holidays and our premium subscribers with a special episode on the 1988 Christmas classic: DIE HARD.
Die Hard created a new template for action movies, heroes, and villains, establishing tropes still seen in theatres. We discuss both structure and story to examine what screenwriters can take away from this film and why many have failed to replicate its success.
Happy Holidays and thanks for subscribing!
- Read the DIE HARD script on Weekend Read.
- Feminist Analysis of Die Hard
- Sign up for premium here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Andy Roninson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
UPDATE 1-1-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.