John and Craig look into simultaneity and how to visually articulate two things happening at once with the temporally-limited medium of written word.
We also explore how simultaneity can ramp up tension, fracture narrative and play with expectations. Then we apply what we’ve discussed to three new entries in the Three Page Challenge.
- Become a premium subscriber in time for our bonus Q&A episode. Submit your questions here.
- T-shirts are available here! We’ve got new designs, including Colored Revisions, Karateka, and Highland2.
- Three Pages by Angelique Gross
- Three Pages by Yohannes Ashenafi
- Three Pages by J. Gordon
- Mark Rober’s video, “How to Beat Any Escape Room”
- iOS 12’s password handoff feature
- Inneresting, a new John August newsletter. You can subscribe here.
- The USB drives!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!).
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-11-18: The transcript of this episode can be found here.