This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig look at how the push to increase diversity in TV writing rooms impacts writers looking to staff for the first time.
Fan outrage over the death of a gay character — and the trope it perpetuates — has prompted an online pledge for writers. But is it a good idea? (Not really.)
We also take a look at three new entries in the Three Page Challenge, with visits to Koreatown, Silicon Valley and exploding Greek diners.
Lastly, a request: this podcast is named Scriptnotes, not ScriptNotes. The “n” isn’t supposed to be capitalized. Thanks!
- LGBT Fans Deserve Better
- The Screenwriter’s Vow of Air Vent Chastity
- Scriptnotes, 60: The Black List, and a stack of scenes, and blcklst.com
- Three Pages by Bryan Koo
- Three Pages by Jamie Napoli
- Three Pages by Suzanne Christopher
- How to submit your Three Pages
- ABC’s 1979 Still The One TV stars promo on YouTube
- Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet on Amazon, and thekitchn.com on cast iron care
- Outro by Paul B (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-30-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.