John and Craig look at how the push to increase diversity in TV writing rooms impacts writers looking to staff for the first time.
Fan outrage over the death of a gay character — and the trope it perpetuates — has prompted an online pledge for writers. But is it a good idea? (Not really.)
We also take a look at three new entries in the Three Page Challenge, with visits to Koreatown, Silicon Valley and exploding Greek diners.
Lastly, a request: this podcast is named Scriptnotes, not ScriptNotes. The “n” isn’t supposed to be capitalized. Thanks!
- LGBT Fans Deserve Better
- The Screenwriter’s Vow of Air Vent Chastity
- Scriptnotes, 60: The Black List, and a stack of scenes, and blcklst.com
- Three Pages by Bryan Koo
- Three Pages by Jamie Napoli
- Three Pages by Suzanne Christopher
- How to submit your Three Pages
- ABC’s 1979 Still The One TV stars promo on YouTube
- Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet on Amazon, and thekitchn.com on cast iron care
- Outro by Paul B (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-30-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.