Craig and John get to the bottom of William Goldman’s famous quotation about Hollywood, which is so often misapplied. Then it’s a discussion of zombie cars, wind-tunnels, blockbusters, and the paradox of choice.
Finally, we look at the intersection of luck and talent behind a screenwriter’s career, and why struggle isn’t a useful yardstick for much of anything.
- Austin Film Festival 2015 panel schedule
- Karina Longworth’s You Must Remember This
- Scriptnotes, 220: Writers Rooms, Taxes, and Fat Hamlet
- William Goldman on Wikipedia, and Adventures in the Screen Trade on Amazon
- The Zombie-mobile
- Least objectionable program on Wikipedia
- The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz
- The Selling Your Screenplay Podcast, episode 95
- Tessy and Tab
- BuzzFeed Crosswords, and logic-puzzles.org
- Pokémon’s Creepy Lavender Town Myth, Explained on Kotaku
UPDATE 10-28-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.