This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John do a deep-dive into the world of screenwriting credits, explaining the entire process from the Notice of Tentative Writing Credits, to arbitration to review boards. The system can be confusing, but most produced screenwriters will find themselves facing it at some point, so it’s important to understand how it works.
- Scriptnotes, Ep 20: How credit arbitration works
- Jurassic World Script Credits Resolved; Helmer Colin Trevorrow Speaks On Arbitration Process on Deadline
- WGAw Screen Credits Manual
- Big Fish poster
- WGAw Credits Department contact information
- WGAw residuals look up
- RSVP here for the April 25 WGAw screenings of Ghost and Jacob’s Ladder, featuring a Q+A with Bruce Joel Rubin moderated by John August
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 4-17-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.