This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John tackle a single topic: bad movies and how they happen. Having experienced the process first-hand, they report on how bad ideas make it to the screen, and how good ideas go wrong. There’s no single answer, but a range of patterns that end in terrible movies.
In follow-up, we talk about still-forming plans for the 200th episode, new USB drives, and favorite episodes.
John’s game One Hit Kill launches on Kickstarter this week. Check it out.
And if you work for Bethesda, Craig really wants you to make Fallout 4.
- Aspartame on Wikipedia
- CW Picks Up ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ As Hourlong Series on Deadline
- John’s Screencasts on Entering a scene, Writing better action, and Writing better scene description
- One Hit Kill launches today on Kickstarter
- First Follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy
- Rob Schneider Is A Carrot
- Copyright, Exceptions, and Fair Use: Crash Course Intellectual Property
- Fallout 4 Rumor Puts Reveal at Bethesda’s E3 Conference on IGN
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
UPDATE 5-17-15: The transcript of this episode can be found here.