Aline Brosh McKenna joins Craig and John to talk about the difficult journey through pages 70-90 of your feature. After that, we talk about procrastination, the Panic Monster and our inner Instant Gratification Monkeys.
Screenwriting books always talk about structure, but never about tone, which is much more important for distinguishing great writing. So we spend some time looking at what tone feels like on the page.
Finally, we talk mentors. Aline has specific suggestions for young women.
Update: The post was linking to the previous week’s audio. Fixed.
- Aline Brosh McKenna on episodes 60, 76, 100, 101 119, 123 and 124
- Justin Timberlake joins the Five-Timers Club
- Scriptnotes, Episode 131: Procrastination and Pageorexia
- Why Procrastinators Procrastinate and How to Beat Procrastination by Tim Urban
- Scriptnotes, Episode 99: Psychotherapy for screenwriters
- Freedom blocks digital distractions
- Deadline on Aline’s Showtime pilot pickup
- They Came Together and Mutual Friends are available now on iTunes
- Bandolier hands free crossbody iPhone accessory
- Slate Culture Gabfest “Grief Sandwich” Edition
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener JT Butler (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 7-11-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.