Aline Brosh McKenna joins John and Craig to discuss watching movies with an open mind and why it’s important to befriend other writers.
Also this week: what to do when your outline collapses and a look at going broke in your 50s.
The Scriptnotes Live Holiday Show on December 19th is technically sold out, but there’s a chance seats will open up, so keep an eye on Twitter.
- Aline Brosh McKenna on IMDb, and her first, second, third, and third-and-a-half appearances on Scriptnotes
- The Scriptnotes Holiday Show is sold out, but follow @johnaugust and @clmazin to be the first to know if more tickets are released
- John Gatins on IMDb
- What It’s Like to Fail on priceonomics
- Scroobius Pip and You Will See Me
- Shady Characters: The Secret Life of Punctuation, Symbols, and Other Typographical Marks by Keith Houston
- Irony punctuation on Wikipedia
- The TreadDesk
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Kris Gotthelf
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 12-1-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.