It’s a week of big egos as Craig and John take a look at when (or whether) filmmakers will be able to pull a Beyoncé and surprise-release a feature film, and what Mrs. Carter’s tussle with Amazon and Target means for the future of retail DVD.
Then we dust off an old blog post on “egoless programming” and find it has a lot to recommend for screenwriters. Finally, we look at the lawsuit over The Expendables because it’s crazy town.
- BEYONCÉ by Beyoncé on iTunes
- The Ten Commandments of Egoless Programming
- The Hollywood Reporter on The Expendables lawsuit
- Lego Mindstorms and Crazy Action Contraptions
- European green
- her is in theaters now
- A bad her review in The Village Voice and the very few other bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
UPDATE 1-10-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.