John and Craig discuss the difference between character intention and motivation, before segueing to conversations about working with actors and on-set writing.
We’ve released a new (and final) batch of seats for the live New York show on September 23rd, so grab your tickets now for a chance to see Craig and John sing on stage with special guest Andrew Lippa.
In other live-show news: we’re headed back to Austin! There will be two separate Scriptnotes panels at this year’s festival. Stay tuned for more details.
- Shofars on Wikipedia
- Submit your Three Pages now and let us know you’ll be at the 2013 Austin Film Festival
- The William Shatner recording session
- Brother HL2230 Laser Printer on Amazon
- John and Dan Jinks on KCRW’s The Business
- Writerduet.com lets you collaborate in real-time
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Kurt Kuenne
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 9-12-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.