Craig and John talk readers and coverage, centering their discussion on profound_whatever’s infographic charting 300 submissions and the lessons screenwriters can take from it.
After that, we talk about the recent DGA deal with the AMPTP, and the degree to which it might predict the upcoming WGA negotiations.
Finally, we discuss getting high and are generally buzz-kills. Sorry.
- profound_whatever’s post on r/screenwriting and its accompanying infographic
- Deus ex machina on Wikipedia
- Directors Guild of America Board OKs New Contract, Triggering Member Vote from Variety
- WGA Announces Contract Negotiating Committee from The Hollywood Reporter
- Writers in Treatment
- Screenflow for Mac, and John’s video and post on why he likes writing in Fountain
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
UPDATE 12-5-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.