This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
This week, John is a bit under the weather, so Craig takes over moderator duties as they tackle four listener questions:
➤ When you spec a script based on a producer’s idea, who owns it?
➤ And on that topic, do producers ever really buy an idea?
➤ How much divine intervention — or other coincidence — can a movie support?
➤ How do pen names work for screenwriters?
In follow-up, Clive Barker is writing — but not directing — that Amazon Studios project. John regrets the error. And in verb-related news, metal can’t pound, but it can pound flat, oddly enough.
All this and two cool things in this week’s Scriptnotes.
- Plague Inc. for iOS
- English Verb Classes and Alternations by Beth Levin
- Researcher’s findings in the Amazon pit him against Noam Chomsky
- The Baseball Codes: Beanballs, Sign Stealing, and Bench-Clearing Brawls by Jason Turbow
- Robin Ventura vs. Nolan Ryan
- INTRO: Godzilla intro
- OUTRO: What’s My Name cover by VanJess
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 6-28-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.