After a week on the picket line, John and Drew meet up to highlight listeners they’ve met, which productions have been shut down, what to expect from the upcoming DGA negotiations, and what non-WGA members can do to support striking writers.
We then answer questions to help listeners navigate the strike rules. Are writers are allowed to submit to labs and fellowships? Are we supposed to boycott struck companies? And how does the strike affect your favorite weekly podcast?
- Inevitable Foundation
- Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund)
- The Duffer Brothers announce Stranger Things production is paused on Twitter
- ‘Writers On Set’ by George R.R. Martin
- DGA Is United, Prepared and Ready to Fight for Our Future by Lesli Linka Glatter for Variety
- Summary of Negotiations: WGA proposals and AMPTP responses
- 2023 WGA Strike Rules
- Strike Rules FAQ
- Picket Schedules and Locations
- Find more about the 2023 WGA negotiations here at WGAContract2023.org
- John on Twitter, Instagram and Mastodon
- Scriptnotes is produced by Drew Marquardt
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.