John invites NBC Executive Marc Velez, SVP, Head of Development at UCP, on for an in-person round of the Three Page Challenge, our segment where we look at listener-submitted pages and offer honest feedback, at the Austin Film Festival.
We’re joined live the writers who add context and pitch their vision for each project. From near-future sci-fi to a familiar Hollywood horror story, John and Marc offer advice on how to craft a compelling opening.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we answer listener questions on noisiness, specs, and preparing other pitch materials.
- Marc Velez on IMDb
- The Encyclopedists by Michael X. Heiligenstein
- Call Me 7.14 Years Ago by Liliana Liu
- The Untimely Demise of That Awful David Schwartzman by Rudi O’Meara
- Thank you to the Austin Film Festival! and all our participants in the three page challenge.
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Jeff Graham (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.