John and Craig answer questions from listeners teetering on the precipice of success. What projects do you take after a big win? How can you make the most money in your career? And how do you move forward when your dream project dies?
We follow up on vocal fry/linguistic tics, HBO Max’s recent announcements, and the trades.
In our bonus segment for premium members, the guys look at whether the start-up mentality of ‘failing fast’ can be applied to screenwriting.
- HBO Max to Remove 36 Titles, Including 20 Originals, From Streaming
- Gabriella’s short film recommendations: Squirrel, Bev, Savasana, Learning to Walk, Lavender, Home
- OXO Coffee Grinder
- Fluid Morph
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.