John and Craig take a look back at the WGA-Agency campaign, revisiting the initial assumptions, what went right, what went wrong, and what lessons were learned. Then they finally decode the encrypted USB drive John handed Craig a year ago.
We also follow up on social media and answer listener questions on cold feet and how screenwriters take vacations.
In our bonus segment for premium members, we offer advice to our 20-year-old selves.
- Last of Us casts Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey
- WGA PR and Social Media Event join John this Thursday, February 18th, 2021.
- Timeline of the WGA Agency Campaign
- Scriptnotes 389: The Future of the Industry
- Sea Lioning
- Kikkerland Make Your Own Music Box Kit
- Thor Knai, DnD Dungeon Master for hire
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Eric Pearson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 2-19-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.