John and Craig tackle the tricky territory of movie titles: what makes them great, why they’re important, and how a bad one can tank a good movie.
We answer listener questions on writing diverse characters, surprising movie expenses, and residuals.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members Craig outlines how to behave in a restaurant.
- 12 Great Movies with Terrible Titles by Margaret Maurer
- That Song In Every Musical That No One Likes by Sarah Smallwood Parsons
- Facer for smart watch faces and Carrot a weather app for the Apple Watch.
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Chester Howie (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-9-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.