John and Craig discuss the projects they’re not currently working on. From sunk cost fallacies to grudge writing, they offer advice for when you should rescue an idea from the Maybe-write list.
We follow up on bad bosses, Ponzi schemes and answer listener questions about what to do when you have a crush on your producer.
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, John and Craig discuss which words they’d be willing to lose forever and the many interpretations of “Sure.”
- “Everyone Just Knows He’s an Absolute Monster”: Scott Rudin’s Ex-Staffers Speak Out on Abusive Behavior by Tatiana Siegel for The Hollywood Reporter
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Hollywood actor arrested in alleged $227-million Ponzi scheme
- Peeps Movie
- Why We Have So Many Problems with Our Teeth by Peter S. Ungar
- Paul Ritter, British Stage, Film and TV Actor, Dies at 54
- John’s Twitter Thread on Words We’d Lose
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Nora Beyer (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-20-21 The transcript for this episode can be found here.