John and Craig offer a tasting menu this week starting with comedy/rejection, followed by a meaty discussion on copyright and topped with a sampling of listener questions.
We get an update from Oops — our conversation on workplace crushes evolves into a broader discussion on the patriarchy and how to savor first experiences.
Finally in our bonus segment for premium members, we compare remakes versus reboots.
- Bring Back Tony Stark Billboard
- Vin Diesel in Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Movie
- Scriptnotes, Episode 77: We’d Like to Make an Offer
- Hanlon’s Razor
- Real-Life ‘Terminator’: Major Studios Face Sweeping Loss of Iconic ‘80s Film Franchise Rights by Eriq Gardner for THR
- Lawyer Mark Jaffe on Twitter
- Cornell Law
- Friday the 13th Copyright
- Trader Joe’s Bake at Home Croissants
- Covid Vaccine Mobile Clinics
- John on Galaxy Brains Podcast
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Nora Beyer (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-3-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.