John and Craig welcome back writer-director Scott Frank (Out of Sight, Minority Report, Godless) to discuss his new series The Queen’s Gambit and writing scenes that use senses beyond just sight and sound.
We also answer listener questions on Voice Over narration and researching versus writing for a period piece.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members we discuss Thanksgiving and a few things we’re grateful for this year.
- If you’re an assistant or coordinator interested in a PayUpHollywood survey please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queen’s Gambit
- Queen’s Gambit Script Pages Opening and Basement Chess Scene
- Queen’s Gambit Palette Inspiration
- Scott Frank
- Moleskine Notebooks
- Brilliant: The Evolution of Artificial Light by Jane Brox
- Kitchen Butter Twist
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by William Phillipson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 11-20-20 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.