John and Aline Brosh-McKenna co-host a special panel with writers Anna Winger (Unorthodox, Deutschland 83), and Tony McNamara (The Great, The Favourite) for the French television festival Serie Series.
We cover writing coming of age stories, how to choose the best format for a story, and writing with act breaks. We also discuss the production challenges and opportunities of working internationally and how to find a common language on set.
- Check out Serie Series and also find the video recording of the session here!
- The Great
- Algonuts by Eric Drass
- Beer Bread
- Remastered: The Lion’s Share
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Anna Winger on Twitter
- Tony McNamara
- Aline Brosh McKenna on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Eric Pearson (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.