Craig and John get emotional. They look at characters’ inner emotional states–why they matter and how to approach them as writers.
We also examine the state of feature residuals and answer a listener question about how long you should wait before turning in your work.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members, we’ll talk Jeopardy! Our friend Kevin Walsh is the current champion, and we hope not to jinx him by discussing it.
- Slinky Movie
- Scriptnotes Voting Special!
- Eric Roth
- WGA Residuals
- Follow along to the discussion of Feature Residuals in 2020
- Lucky Exports
- Kevin Walsh on Jeopardy!
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 10-23-2020 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.