John and Craig present a special clip show with craft-focused segments hand-picked by Aline Brosh Mckenna.
We’ll start by asking ‘Where to Begin?’ in Episode 174 and explore how to enter a story. Then we’ll discuss establishing setting and perspective in episode 45. Finally we’ll take a look at voice and the four rules to creating authentic dialogue.
- Scriptnotes, Ep 174 Hacks, Transference, and Where to Begin
- Scriptnotes, Ep 45 Setting, Perspective, and Terrible Numbers
- Scriptnotes, 37 Let’s Talk About Dialogue
- Find more episodes from the vault.
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Check out the Scriptnotes Episode Guide, now also accepting recommendations for updating the Listener’s Guide.
- Submit to the Pitch Session here!
- Watch Chernobyl May 6th and listen to The Chernobyl Podcast with Craig and Peter Sagal
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Luke Davis (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
Find the original transcripts here: Ep 174, Hacks Transference and Where to Begin Transcript, Ep 45, Setting, Perspective and Terrible Numbers Transcript, and Ep 37, Let’s Talk About Dialogue Transcript