John and Craig discuss stakes, how to create them and what that means for your character. They also talk a little about Aladdin, the Game of Thrones ending, and of course, the agency stuff.
Don’t forget to join us for our live show in Los Angeles on June 13th with special guests including Alec Berg (Barry, Silicon Valley), Rob McElhenney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and Kourtney Kang (Fresh Off the Boat). Tickets are going fast!
- Scriptnotes LIVE Buy your tickets here!
- Order your Scriptnotes 400 shirts, sweatshirts, and tanks (Light) and (Dark)!
- Aladdin Trailer in theaters now!
- How to Invent Everything by Ryan North
- PANDA Magazine by Foggy Brume
- Find past episodes here, Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 5-30-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.