John and Craig talk about everything that comes after the oft-discussed First Three Pages, speculating on the kinds of issues they’d spot if they were looking at full scripts.
They also answer listener questions on topics ranging from proper spacing protocol to novelists rewriting their screenplay adaptations.
This episode originally aired on November 27, 2012.
- Scriptnotes T-shirts are available for one more week, including some old favorite styles, like Gold Standard and Midnight Blue!
- You can catch John at one of his book tour stops, or listen to Launch to keep up with him on the road.
- “The exception that proves the rule” on Wikipedia
- Stuart’s post, Learning from the Three Page Challenge
- Cook’s Illustrated
- Ticket to Ride for iOS
- German-style board games on Wikipedia
- The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
- The USB drives are available!
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- INTRO: Folger’s “Peter Comes Home for Christmas”
- OUTRO: Train Song by Feist and Ben Gibbard on iTunes
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.