This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig look at how to introduce characters in a screenplay — and how to avoid being mocked by a Twitter feed for it. We go back through previous Three Page Challenges and several of the screenplays nominated for awards this year to examine trends and techniques.
We also discuss writing two projects at once, and offer follow-up on previous topics including screenwriting software, top-100 lists and our favorite Australians we’ve never met.
- The Katering Show is fantastic
- Notes for last week’s release of Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.2.1
- Ross Putman’s @femscriptintros Twitter feed
- mberry Miracle Fruit Tablets on Amazon
- Christians Against Dinosaurs
- Poe’s Law on Wikipedia
- Outro by Adam Lastname (send us yours!)
UPDATE 2-19-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.