Craig and John look at three stories in the news for another installment of “How Would This Be a Movie?” From fake scientists to figure skaters, we pitch our takes before some actor’s production company buys the rights.
Speaking of rights, a new lawsuit targets the makers of Creed for stealing the idea. The case will almost certainly get tossed, but it raises a discussion about fan fiction and what constitutes an original work.
- EW’s Oliver Gettell on the Creed lawsuit
- Grosso v. Miramax on Wikipedia
- Business Insider on Fifty Shades of Grey’s origin as fan fiction
- Cassandra Clare on fan fiction
- Snopes on the fake missing scientist news
- The Washington Post on Debi Thomas
- Ghost passengers in The Asahi Shimbun and Mirror Online
- Ingrid Sundberg’s The Color Thesaurus
- The Walk of Life Project
- Hardcore Henry trailer
- The Bronze trailer
- Outro by Sam Tahhan (send us yours!)
UPDATE 3-20-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.