John and Craig implore screenwriters to think twice before using the phrase “begs the question.” We know it’s a losing battle, but if we learned anything from 300, sometimes those are still worth having.
We then dive into one of our favorite features, How Would This Be a Movie, looking at listener-suggested stories about anthrax, amnesia and atomic veterans.
- Arlo Finch on TUMBLR
- Duly Noted: Let’s Talk about Episode 259
- Craig’s One Cool PI Thing
- Latif Ullah’s Cut of Overboard
- Begging the Question
- Begging the Question Fallacy
- Trip Gabriel
- Oliver Sacks
- The Answer to the Riddle Is Me: A Memoir of Amnesia on Amazon
- Tom Hallman, Jr.
- Clyde Haberman
- 2001 Anthrax Attacks
- Bruce Edward Ivins
- macOS Sierra
- Phased by Joe Capra
- John August on Twitter
Craig Mazin on Twitter
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 8-1-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.