Screenwriter Kelly Marcel joins John and Craig to play Fiasco, resulting in a tale of art, murder and sexual blackmail in the Hollywood Hills.
This extended, unlike-all-before-it episode will probably be polarizing, but it was a chance to explore story in ways that you can’t do in abstract. In Fiasco, plot really does come out of character choices.
This episode is filthy. If this were a cable drama, it would be TV-MA DSLV. If that makes you more or less likely to listen, trust your gut. (There’s no nudity. It’s radio.)
Our thanks to Kelly Marcel for hosting. Next week, we’ll return with a more conventional episode.
- Kelly Marcel on IMDb, and on Scriptnotes episodes 115, 123 and 124, and the recent WGF Bonus Episode
- Fiasco and on Amazon
- Hollywood Wives by Jobe Bittman and other Fiasco Playsets
- Rawson Thurber on IMDb
- Richard Kelly on IMDb
- Colin Jost, and on IMDb
- John’s teaser tweet with images of the cards
- Fiasco on TableTop with Wil Wheaton: Set-up, Part 1, and Part 2
- Angeles Crest National Forest
- Zoom H4N recorder on Amazon
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Betty Spinks (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
Because of the length of this episode and the cost involved, there will not be a transcript of episode 142.