John and Craig are joined by Aline Brosh McKenna and Rawson Thurber for the 100th episode of Scriptnotes, recorded live at the Academy Lab in Hollywood. It was a great night with an amazing audience.
We discuss the origins of the show, the rise of the Screenwriter Plus, and that Slate article about Save The Cat! which so many listeners had mentioned. It’s such a big show that we’re splitting the audience Q&A into a separate episode.
This episode has more swearing than most, so parents beware. You might not want to play it in the car.
Huge thanks to The Academy for the event, sponsored on behalf of the Nicholl Fellowship in Screenwriting.
- The Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
- Aline Brosh McKenna on IMDb, and her first and second appearances on Scriptnotes
- Rawson Thurber on IMDb
- Go see We’re the Millers on August 7th!
- Slate’s article on Save the Cat! (and Stuart’s review of the series)
- Makers: Women Who Make America on PBS
- Scriptnotes: A podcast about screenwriting and things that are interesting to screenwriters
- The classic Pilot G2 and the brand new erasable Pilot Frixion on Amazon
- Stuart, Ryan and Nima
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Mike Timmerman
UPDATE 8-4-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.