John and Craig discuss Frankenweenie and Superhero! before cracking open the mailbox to answer listener questions: What advice would they give to their younger selves? Is a spec with a similar high-concept premise doomed? Should Australian screenwriters use U.S. spelling conventions?
Then, a discussion of what constitutes a plot hole and to what degree screenwriters are to blame.
After that, two new Three Page Challenge entries. We’ve received more than 500 of these, which is crazy.
All this and what to name an Amanda Peet character in this week’s Scriptnotes. Next week, join us for the the first-ever Scriptnotes Live podcast from the Austin Film Festival.
- John’s Frankenweenie thoughts
- Craig’s Superhero! movie
- Movie Plot Holes
- John on the perils of coincidence
- Three pages by Greg from Liechtenstein
- Three pages by Vance Kotrla
- Kindle Paperwhite
- Nogales, Arizona on Wikipedia
- INTRO: PBS Intro
- OUTRO: There is No Arizona covered by Mishavonna
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 10-19-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.