This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John celebrate one year of the podcast by going H.A.M. on the passive voice, the present progressive and other reductive nonsense rules.
While you should feel free to split infinitives, we’d strongly recommend you avoid the 100+ lines of really bad dialogue you’ll hear far too often in movies. Thanks to Go Into the Story for compiling these.
After that, it’s time for six listener questions, on topics ranging from spec scripts 101, overseas copyright, to following up after a chance meeting.
All this and more on the first anniversary episode of Scriptnotes.
- Passive voice
- Present progressive
- Clichéd dialogue from Go Into the Story
- Throwing Shade podcast
- Build & Analyze podcst
- 5by5 podcast network
- Slate’s Political Gabfest
- Nerdist Writer’s Panel
- Trailer for The Right Hand, a new book by Derek Haas
- Gizmodo on the simplex algorithm
- Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- INTRO: CBS Special Presentation
- OUTRO: Oh My Dayum acoustic cover
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 8-30-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.