John and Craig discuss why screenwriters want to please people — and how it often hurts them and the movies they write — before a lengthy discussion of the pros and cons of going to film school.
We frame our film school discussion around John’s generic list of why people choose to go to college or graduate school:
- The information
- Access to special equipment
That last point led to our alternate title for this podcast: Film school: An expensive way to get laid.
Craig got a new microphone, which seems like cause for celebration, but it picked up a tremendous amount of room noise. We’ll be working on that for next time.
Thank you to all the listeners who lavished stars and praise upon us in iTunes. Being classic Good Boys, that kind of validation is like mana to us.
- Cruft definition
- The human back is a compromise
- The fourth trimester
- Out of This World/Another World for iOS
- Life and Death, the Mac operating game
- Intro: Atom, Filmation intro
- Outro: Swiss Top Secret Drum Corps at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo 2009
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 10-25-11: The transcript of this episode can be found here.