This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John take a look at the class-action suit over Hollywood’s unpaid interns, then discuss envy and jealousy and other unproductive emotions.
Hollywood interns aren’t essential, but internship has a long tradition in the industry. This lawsuit could change things dramatically — but will it change it for better or worse?
Envy is rampant among aspiring writers, but it never really goes away. It’s not altogether a bad thing — seeing what’s possible can give you a kickstart. But when it consumes too many brain cycles, it’s worth addressing.
- Alabama on the International Dialects of English Archive
- The Craig-referenced blog post, Critiquing Criticism: Personal Growth via The Hobbit
- Hollywood Interns: Fox Lawsuit Likely to Break Ground
- Hollywood interns aren’t essential
- AppleTV with AirPlay
- OUTRO: Hot N Cold cover by Los Colorados
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 2-28-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.