Craig hosts a solo episode presenting his general theory on screenwriting. He covers the central dramatic argument, the ‘why’ behind plot points, and of course, umbrage on common script diagrams.
Good luck, and go torture your heroes!
In our bonus segment for premium members, John Gatins (Flight, Real Steel) tells us about his history with HollywoodHEART, the charity behind our Scriptnotes LIVE show. Get your tickets for this year’s show through the link in our show notes!
- Scriptnotes LIVE! at Dynasty Typewriter in Los Angeles benefitting HollywoodHEART
- The Original Episode 403 – How to Write A Movie
- Aristotle’s Poetics
- José Fernández
- Lava, Pixar Short
- Finding Nemo
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Check out the Inneresting Newsletter
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- Craig Mazin on Instagram
- John August on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- John on Mastodon
- Outro by Matthew Chilelli (send us yours!)
- This episode was originally produced by Megana Rao. Scriptnotes is produced by Drew Marquardt and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.