John welcomes back Liz Hannah (The Post, The Long Shot, All the Bright Places) to explore the bad side of good news. They discuss the challenges of celebrating accomplishments in a mercurial industry, and follow up with a discussion on how to handle being fired.
We also answer listener questions on becoming successful before your friends, multiple timelines, spoilers, and weigh in on the IATSE negotiations.
Finally, in our bonus segment for premium members we talk about our pets. We cover pocket pets and why ultimately dogs are a screenwriter’s best friend.
- Join John at 5pm, Tuesday the June 29th, for the Ad Council summit about vaccine storylines in scripted entertainment
- IATSE Negotiations
- Zola Movie
- Sleep with Me Film
- Army of the Dead Pitch Meeting
- Battle for the Soul by Edward-Isaac Dovere
- Yearbook by Seth Rogan
- Get a Scriptnotes T-shirt!
- Gift a Scriptnotes Subscription or treat yourself to a premium subscription!
- John August on Twitter
- Liz Hannah on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by Zach Lo (send us yours!)
- Scriptnotes is produced by Megana Rao and edited by Matthew Chilelli.
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 7-7-21 The transcript for this episode can now be found here.