John and Craig welcome writer-director Lulu Wang (The Farewell) to discuss not explaining things and the recipe for creating your own luck.
We also answer listener questions on reactive protagonists, finding friends in LA, and Chris McQuarrie’s Twitter thread.
- The Farewell
- Chris McQuarrie Twitter Thread
- A Lot Of Old Sitcoms Don’t Hold Up. “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” Does. by Jennifer Keishin Armstrong
- God Warrior Remains a Beloved Meme, But Marguerite Perrin Isn’t Afraid of Dark-Sided Stuff Anymore by Justin Klein
- Three Women by Lisa Taddeo
- Lulu Wang on Twitter
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Outro by James Llonch & Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 11-29-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here.