John and Craig welcome back Can You Ever Forgive Me? director Marielle Heller to discuss the challenge of creating a hero the audience can root for while also establishing that the character must change.
We also answer questions from listeners about conflicting notes, meet-and-greets, and true-life stories.
- WGA Video Explaining ATA Negotiations
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Scriptnotes 212, Diary of a First Time Director with Mari Heller
- Schlage Locks
- American Crossword Password Tournament Online–let us know if you unseat Craig!
- What the Constitution Means to Me by Heidi Schreck
- We’re hiring a coder! If you’re interested please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit entries for The Scriptnotes Pitch Session here.
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Find past episodes
- Scriptnotes Digital Seasons are also now available!
- Outro by James Llonch and Jim Bond (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 4-5-19: The transcript of this episode can be found here