This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
John and Craig dive into Netflix’s Stranger Things, discussing how macro writing decisions contributed to the show’s success. (There are inevitably some spoilers, so if you haven’t seen it yet, you can skip from the start of that segment to the next one, which begins at 41:22.)
We also look at the upcoming WGA election and the candidates.
Next week, we will be doing a new installment of How Would This Be a Movie, so follow the links below to read ahead.
- John’s desk in Paris
- The Nicholl Fellowships
- Stranger Things Trailer
- WGA Election
- Florence Nightingale and The Woman in Disguise – suggested by Craig Mazin
- The Perfect Mom – suggested by Brett Thomas in Sacramento
- Amateur Sleuth – suggested by Rachael Speal
- Revenge in Irvine – suggested by Phil Hay
- Angelo Badalamenti on writing “Laura Palmer’s Theme”
- HD 164595
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- Get your 250 episode USB
- Find past episodes
- Outro by John Venable (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 9-09-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.