This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Writer-director Chris Sparling joins John and Craig to discuss his new film Mercy, and what it’s like to make a movie for Netflix. Then it’s another round of How Would This Be a Movie, with stories including ex-girlfriends, fake news, and permafrost ivory.
Plus we answer listener questions on cosplay, criticism and parallel structures.
- Mercy Trailer
- Dear Mike’s New Girlfriend
- How a Fake News Writer Earned Donald Trump the White House
- 9 ‘Onion’ Articles Taken Seriously
- How One Amazon Kindle Scam Made Millions of Dollars
- The Mammoth Pirates
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Rise of the Boogeyman
- John August on Twitter
- Craig Mazin on Twitter
- John on Instagram
- Get your 250 episode USB
- Find past episodes
- Outro by Pedro Aguilera (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.
UPDATE 12-01-16: The transcript of this episode can be found here.