Craig and John discuss the qualities of the perfect reader, whether it’s a studio professional or your screenwriting buddy. What should a reader look for, and how should she communicate her thoughts?
We also discuss loan-out companies and why writers need them, and offer advice on starting a podcast. Plus a lot of turkey talk.
In follow up, most of what we thought we knew about Franz Kafka was wrong — but maybe that’s okay. Bob Odenkirk already made a sketch about judging. And if you haven’t purchased tickets for the live show on December 11th, get on that.
- Mary’s Heritage Turkeys
- Get your tickets now for the Scriptnotes Holiday Show
- American Contestant with Bob Odenkirk
- Dan Benjamin’s podcast guide, and Marco Arment’s
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night by Ana Lily Amirpour
- Bread Stuffing with Bacon, Apples, Sage, and Caramelized Onions from The New Best Recipe
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Betty Spinks (send us yours!)
You can download the episode here: AAC | mp3.
UPDATE 12-10-14: The transcript of this episode can be found here.