John and Craig discuss the Apple ebook price-fixing lawsuit and its lessons for Hollywood, before segueing to the new credits system for producers. Then: Have movies gotten too long, and would making them shorter really save money?
T-shirts. If you ordered one, you should probably have it by now. So if it’s not in your hands, email Stuart at email@example.com to investigate.
There was confusion about the Golden Ticket. If you got a card saying, “This is the Golden Ticket!” then you have the Golden Ticket. If not, you just have a lovely card with your shirt.
- TidBITS on the Apple eBooks price fixing suit, and Fortune‘s article on the same
- The New York Times on the PGA’s new mark, and the PGA on what it is and how you get it
- Why are Hollywood movies so long?
- Velib bike sharing in Paris
- Tesla battery swap is worth watching
- Send us a link to your downloadable Scriptnotes outro
- Outro by Scriptnotes listener Matthew Chilelli
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 7-19-13: The transcript of this episode can be found here.