This archived episode of Scriptnotes is available to Scriptnotes Premium subscribers only. Sign up or Log in at http://scriptnotes.net
Craig and John look at the year ahead, from resolutions (we don’t have any) to reunions (20th!). Along the way, we discuss archery, piano and left-hand weakness.
The bulk of the episode is a discussion of Charlie Kaufman’s BAFTA speech about screenwriting and screenwriters, artistry and artifice. Which of us comes down on the side of self-examination and the purity of intentions? The answer may surprise you!
- Austrian wines
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- Zen in the Art of Archery by Eugen Herrigel
- Zen Driving by K. T. Berger
- BAFTA: British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- Charlie Kaufman speech at BAFTA
- Transcript of his speech as a .pdf
- Craig’s short story Lightning in a Bottle
- John’s short story The Variant
- John’s short story Snake People on Kindle
- INTRO: HBO 1983 intro
- OUTRO: Man in the Mirror (Acoustic) by James Morrison
You can download the episode here: AAC.
UPDATE 1-9-12: The transcript of this episode can be found here.